My photo
I'm a freelance screenwriter & script consultant in New Jersey. I wrote and produced the indie features Surviving Family and DETOURS; both stream on TubiTV, Amazon Prime, and on Vimeo on Demand worldwide. Check out my website for more info: www.maralesemann.com

Thursday, December 31, 2020

Things I Learned In The Pandemic (AKA Good Bye to 2020)

 

1. I should have bought a digital meat thermometer years ago.

 


 

 

2. The red “oven on” light goes off when it reaches its target temperature. This was a revelation!



3. My grandmother’s apple cheese topper recipe isn’t just for Thanksgiving. I made it for Christmas too - and it's on the agenda for Valentine's Day.



4. The miniature Christmas tree that I bought 10 years ago for $75 and thought was over-priced has been a long-term bargain.

 


 

5. Zoom rocks, even though it makes me feel like a fool when I end up in the wrong room.

 

6. I’m every bit as anti-social as I thought – I miss going places more than I miss seeing people, except my mom.

 

7. Cats rule.


 

Happy New Year - and here's to a better year ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Why Did Apple Have to Fuck Up Their Laptops?

  I've been a loyal Mac users for years - hell, decades. I'm on my third (or maybe fourth?) laptop of theirs, and we have an old, wo...